Message From the Manager:
We are pleased to have the honor of writing some modest words as an opening to the site of our section in the university site and in support of the academic tender process and our keenness to develop our site to serve direct communication for all to know our activities , completed and ongoing projects , our announcements about our businesses and services are available for all.
About the section:
The Government Contracts Section is administratively affiliated to the University Chancellor and technically to the Government Contracts Department of the Ministry. It includes a number of employees with legal, engineering and financial specialities. The section consists of the following units:
1- Follow-up Unit:
• Following-up the requirements of the work site configuration or warehouses required for storage or allocation of land required for the project (legally)
• Follow-up legal procedures for land acquisition and allocation procedures in coordination with the Government Contracts Department at the Ministry’s headquarters
• Follow-up procedures for the implementation of public contracts and stages of completion taking the necessary legal procedures in case of violation of the contractor’s contractual obligations in a way that guarantees the rights of the university and any other tasks consistent with the work of the follow-up unit
2 – Contracting Unit:
It undertakes providing advanced and modern courses to all members of the university and other universities, state institutions and civil society organizations to prepare individuals capable of providing the best services to their community by providing them with the best training and education techniques.
Preparing tender documents (administratively) in coordination with the Construction and Projects Department (Planning and Feasibility Studies Division)
Coordination with the government contracts department in the ministry and obtaining approval for choosing the best method for executing the contracts. In addition to obtaining the fundamental approvals in this regard and in all matters related to the implementation of government contracts.
• Announcement of tenders
• Forming committees to open and analyze tenders in coordination with the divisions of engineering, financial and legal affairs.
• Implementation of the referral procedures and preparation of draft contracts in coordination with the Department of Government Contracts at the headquarters of the Ministry.
• Translation of contracts and tender documents
And any other tasks consistent with the work of the contracting unit
3. Legal unit:
Following-up the legal cases on the university and the cases raised by the university on the other part regarding the contracts conducted with the companies
4. Archive Unit:
• Keeping correspondence and formal correspondence with this section and other concerned authorities
• Archiving information concerning contract procedures and contract execution on the computer system
• Implementation of secretarial functions and section management
5 – Import unit:
All import and processing works will be carried out and opening documentary credits
6 – Investment Unit:
Following-up of investment projects of the university, proposed and studied by the engineering affairs and obtaining the fundamental approvals from the President of the University
• Developing technical and economic feasibility studies in coordination with the colleges according to the type of investment project
• Preparing integrated studies of technical and economic feasibility studies, plans and engineering designs to be submitted to the President of the University relying on his observations and marginalization to be fully prepared for the purpose of sending them to the Ministry, which in turn sends them to the National Investment Commission and it will be on the website of the section to be shown to a largest number of investors.
• Proposing investment projects that benefit the public welfare of the university and its employees after obtaining approvals from the department head to be submitted to the Chancellor of the university.
Tasks and duties of the section
The section is administratively linked to the President of the University technically to the Department of Government Contracts in the Ministry , it consists of units:
• Follow-up unit: following-up requirements of the site or warehouse preparation needed for storage or allocation of land required for the project and follow-up legal procedures for the possession.
• Contracting unit: preparing tender documents administratively and coordinating with the government contracts department in the ministry to choose the best method for executing the contracts
• Legal unit: following-up legal cases on the university and the cases raised by the university on the second party in relation to the contracts conducted with the companies
• Archive Unit: The Unit archives information related to the electronic contracting procedure, the preservation of official communications and the execution of administrative functions
• Investment Unit: Following up the investment projects of the university and the development of technical and economic feasibility study as well as the proposal of investment projects for the public’s good.
• Import unit: handles all the operations of import and processing unit, which is implicitly integrated into the Contracts section.