The Strategic Plan of the University of Kufa covers five main objectives for the two ensuing years. These objectives are:
To elevate scientific research in terms of production and creativity. This can be achieved through the following:
- Developing and increasing the number of research centres in the University.
- Focusing attention on applied research projects, particularly the ones concerning the Iraqi community.
- Establishing active partnerships with reputable international universities and research establishments.
- Enhancing programmes of sabbatical leave, training, and post-doctoral scholarships for the teaching staff at reputable universities.
- Widening the perspectives of co-operation with various state establishments.
- Forming international research teams between the University of Kufa and international universities to increase the skills of the University teaching staff.
- Providing financial support to fund academic research.
- Emphasizing the practice of publishing in academic journals with high impact factor.
- Enhancing and increasing research scholarships for postgraduate students in internationally reputable universities.
- Increasing and developing postgraduate students’ participation the University’s research effort through participating in conferences and research contests, as well as allocating incentive awards for this purpose.
- Directing academic research towards modernity and focusing on academic integrity.
To involve the students in the teaching/learning process. This can be achieved through the following:
- Developing, supporting and focusing on creativity in the teaching and learning methods.
- Reviewing undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes through the outcomes of institutional teaching and the use of criteria.
- Using students’ evaluation of the teaching process and learning activities, as well as peer evaluation of the teaching staff, in improving the teaching process.
- Adopting periodical evaluation of programmes and academic system in order to improve the contents of academic curricula.
- Establishing students’ academic and cultural clubs and involving students in the steps of decision-making.
- Directing students’ graduation projects towards applied research and community service.
International Relations and Criteria. This can be achieved through the following:
- Number and range of international co-operation agreements.
- Ensuring that the academic steps taken as well as the outcomes obtained fall within international criteria.
- Twinning with other international universities in order to grant one academic degree.
- Obtaining accreditation for the academic programmes, academic departments, and faculties.
- Increasing participations in international higher education and research institutions.
- Hosting conferences in collaboration with internationally approved organizations.
- Facilitating the participation of the teaching staff and students in international gatherings such as conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Involving professors of international repute in our University’s academic programmes.
To improve local partnerships and community service. This can be achieved through the following:
- Boosting the University’s role through transferring knowledge and expertise to the community (non-governmental) organizations.
- Communicating with the community through performing various events and activities.
- Increasing the involvement of such stakeholders as the alumni, employers, and consolatory councils in order to help the University excel.
- Providing consultations, conduct workshops, and hold training courses for the various community establishments.
- Identifying the needs of the community for rare specializations.
- Participating in holding specialized seminars jointly with the community societies and organizations.
To ensure high quality administrative services and infrastructure. This can be achieved through the following:
- Working towards providing administrative services of high quality, efficiency, and transparency.
- Improving the services of electronic systems and computer networks.
- Consolidating the tasks of the administration as well as performing support tasks within the University in accordance with international criteria.
- Developing the administrative staff of the university.
- Upgrading the University’s facilities and infrastructures.
- Qualifying the University’s various divisions in order to obtain the ISO Certificate ISO9001:2008.
- Providing for the infrastructure and qualified staff to enhance the educational process.